To all my fellow UniMAP coursemates, housemates, friends, lecturers etc etc etc...
Beware of this insect nah...
|How small this bugger is comparing to a size 8 slipper|
Nama Am: Kumbang Rove
Nama Saintifik : Class : Insecta
Order : Coleoptera
Family : Staphylinidae
Species : Paederus fuscipes Curtis
Nama Tempatan: Semut Semai, Semut Kayap, Charlie etc.
In places where paddy fields are everywhere (for example:Perlis), those paddy insects are one of the things fear us the most and we are most familiar with. During some specific periods, we will face insect and bug problem which make our life quite miserable and itchy limbs and body is common. Luckily I don't have sensitive skin, but some of my friends suffer endless itch and some even has swollen 'wound' due to the insects.
This time, another type of insect attacks again.
This deary Charlie here is less than 1 cm long, and the hemolimf liquid inside its body contains the most poisonous insect toxin in the world. It doesn't bite or sting, and the way the toxin enters the human body is through the contact between the insect's skin and human skin.
The pictures of the affected patients stunted me!
So, the precaution steps to be taken:
1. Minimize the usage of lamps as the bug is easily attracted to light.
2. Close all doors and windows during the 'bugger' epidemic.
3. Use the full face visor helmet when riding a motorcycle to avoid the bug fly into your eyes.
4. Use mosquito net, repellent etc.
5. Do not sit near the light/lamp, do not hit bugs which in contact with our skin, blow it away instead.
6. Another way of killing it is by pouring saturated Dettol onto it, the insect will die within seconds.
So friends, please circulate the information around. 'Just in case' ;)
*NOTE: This bugger flies -_-
***** ***** *****
My personal encounter with this bugger:
|On my leg, in my room!!|
|Instant kill by saturated Dettol|
UPDATED (16 Aug 2015):
Suspected another Charlie attack during sleep, near collarbone - earlier before sleep, a Charlie crawled on my arm.