Person of Interest

It is one of the new series to 'try out', and not only it pass the test, it gives me priceless experience!

Unlike the other investigation series that I watched such as CSI, White Collar, Castle, The Mentalist etc, this one has a different and fresh approach, and the combination of cast is awesome.

John Reese is an ex-CIA agent who is presumed dead by the authority and living under the radar. Harold Finch is a reclusive billionaire who build 'The Machine' something like the one in Eagle Eye except the appearance is never revealed after 9-11 attacks to detect acts of terror, hmmm let me just quote the opening narration:

"You are being watched. The government has a secret system, a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people, people like you. Crimes the government considered "irrelevant." They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up... we'll find *you*."

That basically explains the plot of the series. The pilot episode took my breathe away, and I was hooked to the series immediately. The partnership and chemistry between Harold Finch and John Reese are breathtaking, I love how two people from a completely different world and background work together as a team. I like the way Harold always address John as 'Mr. Reese', and their expression. Whenever they mock each other and smirk, THAT is priceless. Sometimes I can't take my eyes off John, well who can resist the charm of a middle-aged, macho man? *drool*

However, the series sometimes freaks me, not only because of the power of the machine that 'watches' everyone 24/7, but also the organization involving dirty cops, corrupt politicians etc. What is more 'deadly' than to have a group of people who is supposed to be the protector, turns out to be the one harmful and injustice.

Just finished season finale, and its back to the queue when it is renewed for season two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yellow Mountain/HuangShan, AnHui province

Awareness: “Charlie” atau Penyakit Kulit Kumbang Rove (Paederous Dermatitis)

Danok One Day 'Decent' Trip